If you have experience working in school systems, have witnessed the importance of improving students social and emotional skills, and are ready to take your career in a challenging new direction that can impact exponentially more kids then read on!
Who are we?
Aperture Education specializes in social and emotional learning (SEL) solutions. Our flagship product, the DESSA Comprehensive SEL System allows educators and parents to measure, strengthen, and support social-emotional competence of youth in grades K-12 both in school and in out-of-school settings. The DESSA System includes a suite of strength-based assessments, a universal screener that can be administered in less than a minute, and growth strategies and foundational practices to strengthen social-emotional competence. The DESSA System is lauded by researchers because it meets high standards for reliability and validity. It is appreciated by educators for its ability to easily and quickly identify each student’s personal social-emotional strengths and provide practical supports that result in improved student outcomes.
What are we looking for?
We’re seeking two Partnership Managers that have experience working in the K-12 education space to sell our line of Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) assessment and intervention solutions. In this role, you will consult with school and district personnel who are looking to impact their schools’ cultures and improve student outcomes by focusing on their students’ social and emotional skills.
Half of your time will be spent helping clients through the sales process in which you will be expected to identify issues that are important to building and district leaders and challenge them to think about how improving students’ social and emotional skills can help them achieve their objectives. The other half of your time will be devoted to developing select state target markets where you will be responsible for working collaboratively with our Sales and Marketing teams to identify trends that may impact growth, to building relationships at the school, district, region and state level by doing things like attending conferences, organizing workshops, forging relationships with associations, etc. The other 10% of your time will be spent in cross-departmental meetings working collaboratively with your colleagues to help continuously improve our business to improve outcomes for our clients and their students. (And if you caught that your time just added up to 110% then you’re ahead of the game!)
What will your responsibilities be?
- Create and develop relationships with K-12 schools, districts and regional service areas for our SEL products and services
- Work with incoming qualified leads, and account management of new clients
- Support clients in the needs assessment, planning, onboarding, and renewal processes
- Identify, qualify and secure new clients within target states
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis of territory needs and opportunities
- Meet / exceed sales quotas and established key performance indicators. Use prescribed best practices methods of selling
- Manage daily tasks within our sales and marketing CRM
- Participate in activities that promote the company, i.e. conferences, state level associations, customer appreciation activities, etc.
- Keep up-to-date with policies and trending developments in assigned territory that affect the adoption of SEL products
- Keep up-to-date on competitors and on key issues and research impacting our market
- Prepare all company reports and correspondence as required
- Work closely with management to develop new sales strategies, product recommendations, pricing plans
- Additional job duties as assigned
What skills would we like you to have?
- Demonstrated ability and comfort level with challenging the thinking of others in an effective/non-confrontational way (you’re not okay with status quo – and like to come up with new ideas for how to improve your processes or organization)
- Enjoys learning and teaching others (especially colleagues) what you’ve learned
- Excellent communication skills
- Are very driven / goal oriented
- Prior experience with direct behavioral and counseling interventions, problem solving teams, data informed decision making, program development and traditional evaluation.
- Prior experience developing and implementing MTSS/RTI/Problem Solving models of instruction and intervention, as well as PBIS and other models for emotional/behavioral RTI.
- Prior experience in delivering professional development or training to educators is desired.
- Expertise in the use of assessments, especially behavioral assessments or with using or selling intervention products is a plus.
- Ability to quickly learn new technology tools and, especially, to use online demonstration tools to showcase products.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Travel up to 25%.
What does compensation look like?
$58,000 – $72,000 depending on qualifications
Ready to apply? Great!
Email Kristin Hinton, Director of Marketing, with a Cover Letter and Resume.